.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Decluttering Challenge Update - Week Two













Last week I started the Declutter Challenge—I am going to get rid of 5 items a day for as long as it takes to declutter my house.

This week I got rid of:

-25 items of clothing
The clothing includes many of my maternity shirts and tops (my side of the closet is nearly bare now!) and some of my son’s clothes. All the items in the picture have been listed on eBay. (Read how I make money selling my kids’ clothes on eBay.) I am about half way through a big tub of clothes I had to list on eBay.

I was feeling pretty good about this accomplishment until I remembered that I have two more tubs to list. Lots of decluttering still to come. I have saved all of my son’s clothing since he was two just in case we had another boy. Now it is time to sell it all.

-Endless paper trash from my kids’ room
My son loves to keep ALL of his schoolwork. His bedroom was getting seriously messy, so we put a huge diaper box full of papers in the recycling. I kept some of his special art work for a binder I am going to make for him. (More on that when it actually gets done. It has been on the backburner for about a year now.)

I’ll count the box of papers as one item, so I am free of 26 items this week, 80 items since the challenge began.

How did you do this week? Link up or leave us a comment on your progress!



2 comments:

Mimi said...

I didn't know about this, but I'm definitely going to try to do this for next week! I'm a terrible clutter bug and now so are both of my teenage sons.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I think decluttering is therapeutic! I did it with some online friends a couple of years ago and kept track until I topped 2500 items and then it just sort of became a habit...part of our lifestyle. Living simply with less "stuff" is so much...simpler! :)