
As I mentioned a few days ago, my husband and I are trying to live off of one income to see if we can financially manage to have me quit my job. To help us maintain this budget, we have put away the credit cards and have reverted back to a cash only system.
We had a cash only system several years ago, but it was only moderately successful because I was a bit embarrassed to carry around a bunch of envelopes. To combat this, I would only bring, say my grocery envelope with me to the store, but at the store I might end up buying a shirt for my son. Because I only had the grocery envelope with me, I would pay for clothing out of that envelope instead of the clothing one which was still at home. You get the idea why it didn’t work so well for us.
Recently I ran across an Etsy store, Timeless Journey, that sells binders specifically designed to allow you to use the envelope system in style. Laura, owner of Timeless Journey, loves Dave Ramsey’s philosophy. Sixteen months ago, she and her husband found themselves on the verge of losing their house due to losing her husband’s income as a carpenter because of the housing market slow down. They also found themselves talking of divorce. Her church offered Dave Ramsey’s course, and after the 13 week course, they found themselves, “empowered and at peace.” The divorce talk ceased. In the final course, Dave Ramsey spoke about using one’s gifts to find a career that one loves. Laura, an art teacher by profession, was introduced to Etsy a week later by a friend and started making her durable cash budget binders. Her small business boomed, and now she and her husband are debt free and planning to buy a house next month.
Her binders contain 5 envelopes and a pocket on each of the inside covers of the binder. In addition to being stylish, these cash envelope binders are motivating. She prints Dave Ramsey quotes throughout the binder. For instance, the cover of mine says, “If you live like no one else, later you can LIVE like no one else.” Reading that each time I reach for the binder to spend money helps motivate me not to spend as much.
I don’t carry a purse, but I feel completely comfortable carrying this as a little clutch. It doesn’t feel so obvious that I am carrying envelopes of cash and “on a budget” (although really, that is nothing to be ashamed of.)
Laura offers a variety of different patterns for these books; she even does them in Disney prints. I love mine and find it helps me use the cash envelope system.
The Giveaway:
Laura at Timeless Journey has generously offered to give one Mom’s Plans reader their own budget cash envelope system.
To enter this giveaway, simply go to Timeless Journey on Etsy and state which one of the binders you would like should you win.
Additional methods of entry:
-Become a follower on my blog or state that you already are, if that is the case.
-Blog about this giveaway or write about it on Facebook or Twitter
-Another alternative way to enter is to Like Timeless Journey on Facebook
This giveaway will end on Thursday, August 12th at 9 p.m. CST. The winner will be chosen via random.org. Make sure you include your e-mail address when you enter.
I received a cash budget envelope system from Timeless Journey for review purposes. (Thank you!) All opinions are my own.
119 comments:
I love the red, maroon and blue circle one!
I love the happy teal with red flowers! This would come in handy with my new savings goals!
I'm already a follower
What a great idea - and the binders are beautiful! I'm loving the happy teal one, too!
Follower :)
I would run with Aqua Teal. Super cute!
Already a huge fan! :D
i like the disney princess
like timeless journey on fb
tlambin328@att.net
follow your blog
I love the red, maroon and blue circle design.
Jesskh31@gmail.com
I subscribe via google friend connect.
jesskh31@gmail.com
Those are very pretty. I'd like the light blue, red, and gray one! {ark2800 at gmail dot com}
The Aqua & rust one is nice. What a cute idea!
How cute....I love the happy teal and red flowers one:) Thanks for such a great giveaway.
I'm a follower:)
I really like the Aqua and Rust one. What a great idea!
I "liked" this on facebook :)
I love the light blue, red and gray
I'm a follower through Reader!
I love the Grey and Yellow Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System!
thepricklypinecone(at)hotmail.com
I am a blog follower.
thepricklypinecone(at)hotmail.com
I would LOVE the warm colors envelope system! tracietrump@yahoo.com
I am a blog follower.
thepricklypinecone(at)hotmail.com
Definitely the aqua and rust flowers one - very nice!!
Cindy
cindyjensen@charter.net
I love the Aqua and Rust Flowers planner
giveawaymommy at yahoo.com
I love the Light Blue, Red, and Gray Budget or Envelope Money Planner System.
hickenfam at hotmail dot com
I follow your blog.
hickenfam at hotmail dot com
I like the Vintage Flowers.
supergrand2009@yahoo.com
I follow GFC.
supergrand2009@yahoo.com
Love the light blue, red and gray.
Great blog!
My favorite organizer is the one featured in your blog with the blue birds on it but I didn't see that one in her shop so my second favorite is the one with the maroon and blue circles. :)
runner330 at yahoo dot com
I'm a GFC follower!
runner330 at yahoo dot com
I like the vintage looking blue one with the Christopher Reeve quote on the front!
I love the happy teal with red flowers!
Already a follower!
I like the Aqua and Rust Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System.
jdramr3@Yahoo.com
I follow your blog.
jdramr3@Yahoo.com
I follow on Twitter (Mrs Mow It All)
jdramr3@Yahoo.com
My tweet:
http://twitter.com/MrsMowItAll/status/20551170652
jdramr3@Yahoo.com
I am not picky, I would love any of these but took a particular liking to the vintage blue flower organizer.
Happy Teal and Red Flowers. Great giveaway ;)
I love the maroon, red, and blue circle one!
I like the Red, Maroon, and Blue Circles.
scarter305 at aol dot com
Love the "Happy Teal and Red Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System" because of the verse in Matthew. Thanks for posting this!
I love the Warm Colors Envelope System. It would match my kitchen and my kitchen makes me smile. We struggle with the envelope system and mainly it is because I haven't found anything I think is "cool" for carrying around my cash. I also started re-reading Total Money Makeover about 2 weeks ago to refresh my brain since it has been a couple of years.
I follow you in my google reader
I posted about it on facebook and I've neglected to give you my email addy...
travisandstephanie at gmail dot com
Red, Maroon, and Blue Circles Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System
That is the one that I like. I'm not sure if it's ok for me to be entering this or not, because I'm not a mom. We just recently were married this past Nov., and started the Dave Ramsey thing this past month. We are now living off my husband's income (seeing as I don't have a job.) Thank you for considering me to win this, and I also enjoyed reading your blog!
I love the fall colors system! And the blue circles! So pretty!
amysalotti at gmail dot com
I like the light blue, red, and gray one! What an awesome idea. Much more fun than the one that you get when you take Dave Ramsey's FPU!
jtippercole@yahoo.com
www.mythirtyone.com/16210
I like the Light Blue, Red, and Gray one!
Ashleysallowance@gmail.com
I follow via Google Friend Connect!
ashleysallowance@gmail.com
Aqua and Rust Flower Budget Cash Envelope System
I really like the above; mainly b/c I'm not a "fru fru" person and don't care for the loads of bows on the others! lol The simple, sweet decoration of 1 bow on the outside appeals to me. I would prefer different colors ideally though.
I love the concept totally though. Great idea!
I like the Red, Maroon, and Blue Circles ! I took FPU at my church and the brown system that comes with the kit is not very cute!!
what a great idea. i really like the Warm Colors Envelope System.
lauren51990 at aol dot com
I like this one! http://www.etsy.com/listing/52312940/light-blue-red-and-gray-budget-or
I like the Disney Princess Monthly Organizer.
I like the Grey and Yellow Flowers Planner.
Debbie P: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail(dot)com
I'm a follower.
Debbie P: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail(dot)com
If I were to win, I would choose the "red Maroon and blue circles" binder
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
I follow your blog
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
I like Timeless Journey on FB
Heather Ford
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
The red, maroon & blue circles! I would love to use this to try the envelope system. :)
I absolutely love the vintage flower!
ckmd310 at gmail dot com
I like Timeless Journey on facebook
(user name: michelle monks)
ckmd310 at gmail dot com
I follow your blog via GFC :)
ckmd310 at gmail dot com
I wrote about your giveaway on my facebook wall (user name: michelle monks)
Great giveaway, thank you!
ckmd310 at gmail dot com
i love the light blue, red, and gray one!
i'm a new follower too!
I would like the Happy Teal and Red Flowers. Thank you for the giveaway.
I am a new follower.
I like the Aqua & Rust flowers binder. Thanks!
I "liked" them on FB - prefer the Aqua & Rust flowers!
(presume you can pull my email from the login)
Just posted about the system on my Facebook page!
I love the warm colors, thank you!
kathrynbaby2004@yahoo.com
I would choose Aqua and Rust Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System - beautiful colors.:-)
thanks
lubaska dot k at gmail dot com
blog follower
lubaska dot k at gmail dot com
I Like Timeless Journey on Facebook
(Lubka Kotmanikova)
lubaska dot k at gmail dot com
I tweeted
http://twitter.com/Lubaska/status/20784173332
lubaska dot k at gmail dot com
I would like the Aqua ans Rust folder.
Love the green pink and black flowered binder. Thanks.
randisue (at) yahoo (dot) com
I love the Aqua and Rust Flowers Binder.
shelle1379 (at) gmail (dot) com
I like the Vintage Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System.
rcdchan@yahoo.com
I would like to win the Vintage Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System. It's so pretty and definitely functional! These are great! Hope I win.
parris_shirona@yahoo.com
I would love to have the red, maroon and blue circle envelope system!!!
I LOVE these!! I think the light blue, red and gray is my favorite.
jessicajordan7(at)gmail(dot)com
I'm now following your blog! :)
jessicajordan7(at)gmail(dot)com
I "like" Timeless Journey on Facebook
jessicajordan7(at)gmail(dot)com
I like the maroon and blue with the circles and the light blue red and gray envelope organizers.
I am now following your blog
I love the colors on the aqua and rust one. Thanks for the giveaway.
mcpheedes@hotmail.com
vintage flowers, we just started the envelope system last week..
tcogbill@live.com
I like the Aqua and Rust Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System.
kirbycolby at gmail dot com
I am already a google follower. thank you!
kirbycolby at gmail dot com
I like the warm colors envelope system.
chinadoll@bayou.com
I am a blog follower.
chinadoll@bayou.com
I love the vintage flowers. Thanks for the opportunity.
This is an awesome blog. I am a follower and will sign up my email on thurs. when my new on is hooked up. i just found an older Dave Ramsey organizer and wondered how to spruce it up. My favorite is the one with the birds.
jill.wagner@cox.net
Great giveaway, and great Etsy site! I love the vintage flowers planner ... the burgundy floral one with the Christopher Reeve quote. I have been trying the envelope system but I think I really need a better organized way to do it and this would be wonderful!
I follow on Google Connect!
parris_shirona@yahoo.com
i follow on google
I really like the Aqua and Rust Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope System
I like Laura Cole-Timeless Journey on Etsy Where your Memories Stand Still on FaceBook (Louis Here) :)
I like the natural circles.
I like the Cash Envelope System - Teal Flowers . . very nice.
cherylfrancisco@hotmaildotcom
i just found an older Dave Ramsey organizer and wondered how to spruce it up. My favorite is the one with the birds.
Thanks!
Jenn
craftsacademy@gmail.com
CraftsAcademy.com
I like the Cash Envelope System - Aqua and Orange Vintage looking
Lona728@ yahoo dot com
GFC follower (Lona728)
Lona728@ yahoo dot com
if i won, i would like the
Cash Envelope System with 18 Month Planner Green Pink and Black Swirl
timelessjourney
susansmoaks at gmail dot com
i am a follower
susansmoaks at gmail dot com
Cash Envelope System - Natural circles is my fave. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com
I like the Cash Envelope System with 18 Month Planner Green Pink and Black Swirl : )
I like the Cash Envelope System - Teal Flowers!!
kerriekg@yahoo.com
I follow your blog!! I was #500!!
kerriekg@yahoo.com
i love the Vintage Flowers Planner or Budget Cash Envelope Systempa
http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/21011798991
klp1965@myfairpoint.net
I would like the Cash Advantage System with 18 Month Planner Green pink and Black Swirl. garrettsambo@aol.com
I would choose the Cash Envelope System - Natural circles
CharlieGurl57@aol.com
Post a Comment