.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Cola Barbeque













Sorry I didn't get this up Friday; I wanted to post this great new recipe we tried for freezer cooking. My husband is going to take it to work for lunch as a sandwich instead of using lunch meat.

Cola Barbeque
1 - 3 lb. beef roast
1 - 24 oz. bottle ketchup
1 - 12 oz. can soda

-Put roast in a roasting pan on a piece of heavy duty foil large enough to wrap the entire roast in.
-Stir the ketchup and soda together and pour over the roast.
-Wrap up and make sure there are no areas it can leak.
-Cook at 300 degrees for 4 hours.
-Allow to cool, then shred and mix back up in the sauce.
-Freeze in a muffin tin for individual size portions.
-Pop them out of the muffin tin and place in a freezer storage bag.

Makes 10 servings

This recipe comes from Lunch is Ready!

I shared this recipe at Life as Mom, $5 Dinners, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Stockpiling Moms, I'm Lovin It Fridays and The Grocery Cart Challenge.

7 comments:

Keli said...

yay! I'm looking for some great OAMC recipes and I think I just found one ;) I bet that would work great in the crockpot too!

Melissa said...

Keli--I was thinking about making this in the crockpot too. I was just worried that it would stick or the juices would dry up. If you try it in the crockpot, let me know how it turns out!

busyrunningmama said...

Sounds yummy! Doing my freezer cooking this weekend, may add it!!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

OOoh, this sounds super easy and delish! Might need to add this one!! :D

Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!!
Sherry

Nikki said...

This looks fantastic and super easy. Thanks for sharing. Please join me today for Tasty Traditions, a recipe meme. Have a great day.

Stockpiling Mom said...

Thanks so much for linking up to our new Recipe Spree Meme!

Melissa

Prairie Story said...

LOVE it!! I've done a similar recipe with chicken... i'll have to try the beef! ~Alison

PS - You my be interested in my blog recipe challenge. Your recipe would be perfect and I have a $15 Starbucks Card give-away --> http://prairiestory.blogspot.com/