.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Declutter Challenge

We have been in our apartment building for 10 years now, in the specific apartment we are living in for 7 years. During those 7 years, we have had three children and I started a home based business. We have ALOT of clutter. Baby boy clothes from my son who is now 6, baby girl clothes from my first daughter that I am saving for my second daughter, baby gear and big kids' toys, maternity clothes and clothes in several different sizes for me. . . It all adds up.

I am really tired of all of this junk around the house. I am by no means a minimalist, but I would like to have a decluttered house. I think I would feel better and it would be so much easier to maintain our house.

I don't have a ton of time to devote to decluttering, so I have decided to challenge myself to get rid of 5 items a day--35 items a week until this house looks more like a normal house and not, well, not like it looks right now. I'll be reporting back each Wednesday. Care to join me?

3 comments:

This Mom said...

Good for you! I truly believe people are happier and healthier when there is less clutter! I could probably be called a minimalist...I sold/donated my baby stuff the moment by youngest daughter outgrew things! But it's incredible how things still manage to pile up. Good luck!

Kate @ This Mom Loves

meeganjae said...

I'll join you! Five items per day works for me!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I've been struggling with how to declutter when I barely have time to do the dishes. Five items a day is a challenge I think I can handle!