.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Eco Friendly Easy Lunch Box System Review & Giveaway

UPDATE--The winner is Cathy--clink05@ Congratulations!

This is the third in a series of back to school giveaways I will list each Tuesday.






My son is starting 1st grade in the fall, so I needed a lunch box for him. His preschool lunchbox was Thomas the Train, and he has had it for three years. The bento box we bought for it no longer snaps closed. We had to put a rubber band around it when we packed his lunch.

I found EasyLunchBoxes.com on the web and was lucky enough to get to try one.






The Easy Lunch Box was invented by Kelly Lester, a busy mom of three, who wanted an eco friendly lunch box system that was also attractive. Since it hit the market in December 2009, the Easy Lunch Box System has been named a 'top 5 Eco-Friendly Mommy Must Have" by Parents Ask, and the EasyLunchBox System has been rated TOP CHOICE by many independent reviewers. Read their reviews HERE.

We received one lunch box cooler and 4 containers with lids in 4 different colors.






This bento style lunch box has three separate compartments which are perfect for say a sandwich, a fruit and a veggie. When my husband first saw these containers on the web, he thought they would be like the plastic containers you can buy at the grocery store, but they are much stronger and of higher quality. The lid snaps tightly closed, but is easy enough to open that my 6 year old can open it without trouble. More importantly, they are FDA approved. They do not contain BPA, phthalates, lead, vinyl, or PVC and are safe for dishwasher, freezer, and microwave.

Up to 3 containers fit in one lunch box cooler. Alternatively, you can pack one container and put your thermos and other snacks on top. The lunch box cooler is very roomy.

The set of four containers is $13.95, and the lunch box cooler is $7.95. If you have a few children, you would only need to buy one set of containers and a lunch box for each of your children. (Kelly had each of her children pick one particular lunch box color, so in the rush of the morning it is easy to tell whose lunch is whose.)

My son loves his new lunch box and likes to choose a different color lid every day.

The Giveaway:
One lucky winner will receive a lunch box cooler in winner’s choice of color and a package of 4 containers, a retail value of $21.90.

-To enter this giveaway, which is open to U.S. residents and Canadians, you must go to EasyLunchBoxes.com and come back to leave a comment about something you learned while visiting the site.

Other ways to enter after completing the above step:
-Like Easy Lunch Boxes’ Facebook page

-Become a follower of my blog or state that you already are

-Follow Easy Lunch Boxes on Twitter
-Blog about this giveaway or post it on Facebook and put the link in your comments.

This giveaway will end on 8/3 at 9 pm. CST. Random.org will be used to determine the winner. Make sure to leave your e-mail in your comment so I can notify the winner.

I received an Easy Lunch Box system for review purposes. (Thank you EasyLunchBoxes.com!) I received no other compensation.

223 comments:

1 – 200 of 223   Newer›   Newest»
Michelle and Curt said...

I learned that the easy lunch boxes are microwave and dishwasher safe.

Michelle and Curt said...

I like easy lunch boxes on facebook

Michelle and Curt said...

I follow your blog

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I loved looking at all the great lunch ideas that can all fit into one easy lunch box!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I like them on facebook

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I follow you too!

Maritez Gonzales said...

I learned that even a preschooler can open the lunch box containers :)

Maritez Gonzales said...

I am a happy follower of your blog :)

Kate and Wes said...

They are dishwasher safe. This is a must for me!

katrinasouthwick at gmail dot com

Kate and Wes said...

like easy lunch boxes on fb

katrinasouthwick at gmail dot com

Kate and Wes said...

blog follower

katrinasouthwick at gmail dot com

Stacy said...

Follower :)

Stacy said...

It's funny that I'd see this here because my kids and I just watched her video a few days ago. The kids loved the lunchboxes!

I learned that they have a fundraising offer, which is cool because really, who needs overpriced wrapping paper sold by 12 year olds?

zeitersouth said...

They are BPA free which is something I look for, so yeah! I would love this cool lunch box for my hubby:)

colesammom at gmail dot com

Melissa said...

I liked this product on facebook :)

Mommy Minded said...

I love that they dont leak. We pack yougurt and fruit with lunch so leakage is an issue sometimes!
meganleighadams at yahoo dot com

Mommy Minded said...

I already follow! :)

Anonymous said...

I really love these! From the site I've learned that these lunch boxes are very versatile and can be used in many ways. I'm glad to learn they are BPA free as well.

Thanks,
Rachel M.
one2nvme@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I learned they have a tab with great tips and recipes even i can do.

waitressdani (at) hotmail (dot) com

Mermaid said...

I learned that their website has tons of yummy and pretty lunch ideas. I'm not creative at all and get stuck in a lunch rut often. Now I'm hungry and I have new ideas for lunches. ark2800@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog every day. I am going to check this out!
Holly inAZ

The Scent Peddler said...

I love the lunch ideas section. I find that the first month or two after school starts are a breeze, but them I'm scratching my head looking for some variations to please the kids and take out the "boring" factor.

Also love anything that limits the amount of paper or plastic that goes into the garbage.

Stephanie said...

I learned that They're BPA-free, SAFE and environmentally friendly, too!

Stephanie said...

I like easy lunchboxes on facebook

Stephanie said...

I follow your blog.

Anonymous said...

They are BPA-free, I like that!

Cindy J
MN

Rachel said...

I love that they are dishwasher safe and easy enough to open that my daughter could open the container!

egan_rachel@yahoo.com

Rachel said...

I follow your blog.

egan_rachel@yahoo.com

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

I learned that these are space-saving lunch boxes because they nest inside each other when not in use. They stack neatly on top of each other and take up very little space inside your refrigerator if you like to prepare lunches the night before.

moneysavingmaineac [at] gmail [dot] com

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

I follow you via google friend connect!

moneysavingmaineac [at] gmail [dot] com

Katrina said...

I like that it is BPA free

Aymee said...

I like that they nest inside each other when not in use.

Aymee said...

I follow your blog.

The Poulters said...

follow you :)

The Poulters said...

Microwavable!!!

Danyelle said...

They are dishwasher safe. Duper important for my family.

Stephanie said...

All the materials used in our containers and bags are food and child safe and even pass strict FDA requirements! Easylunchbox products contain NO Lead, Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, or Bisphenol A (BPA)
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Ash said...

I love their bold color choices and that they are made from non toxic materials!

demureprincess7(at)gmail(dot)com

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

bpa free and microwave safe

MrsK said...

These are dishwasher safe which is perfect!!

MrsK said...

I am a follower!

Venus Montoya said...

Love that they are dishwasher & microwave safe.

clschaan said...

I learned that they are bpa safe which I really like!

cheryl_429@hotmail.com

clschaan said...

following you on gfc!

cheryl_429@hotmail.com

littlelatina said...

great for lunchers

dedimus said...

I learned that in addition to being durable, they are dishwasher safe!

Anonymous said...

I learned that they do fundraising for schools. 20 percent in fact.

SamantharaeM@ gmail . com

Anonymous said...

I am a blog follower.

SamantharaeM@ gmail . com

Annie1 said...

Its amazing to me that one cleaning option is to put it in the washing machine on the gentle cycle! Amazingly awesome!


ty

nancyrobster at gmail dot com

Annie1 said...

Like Easy Lunch Boxes’ Facebook page

Anne Taylor or annectaylor1

ty

nancyrobster at gmail dot com

Annie1 said...

Follow you via GFC

Annie1


ty


nancyrobster at gmail dot com

Annie1 said...

Follow Easy Lunch Boxes on Twitter


greeeneyedwhwom

ty

nancyrobster at gmail dot com

A. Smith said...

I learned that their plastic containers are FDA-approved for microwave use.
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca

A. Smith said...

I like Easy Lunch Boxes on facebook (Abby Smith)
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca

A. Smith said...

Following you on google friend connect (asmithonline)
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca

A. Smith said...

Following Easy Lunch Boxes on twitter (asmithonline)
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca

A. Smith said...

Posted on facebook (Abby Smith)
http://www.facebook.com/abbys1?v=wall&story_fbid=148235641857095
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca

Trish said...

They are PBA free!! That is awesome!

Trish said...

I Likeed Easy Lunch Boxes’ Facebook page

iamsucceeding at gmail dot com

~ The Mitchell's ~ said...

They are microwave & dishwasher safe!

~ The Mitchell's ~ said...

I liked EasyLunchBoxes on FB.

~ The Mitchell's ~ said...

I'm a new follower of your blog.

Katie Sexton said...

The creator is a actress

Katie Sexton said...

I like them on facebook

Katie Sexton said...

I am a follower

Katie Sexton said...

I follow them on twitter @kasexton

Jennie said...

I learned their lunch bags are washing-machine safe. Yay!

h. mcnaron said...

I learned that the company is run by a woman named kelly who lives in california and is married to an actor!

hmcnaron

Tammy said...

BPA-free! Microwave and dishwasher safe.

bartontj909@aol.com

Tammy said...

I liked on facebook
bartontj909@aol.com

Emily said...

learned they are microwavable. that would come in handy
Emily
justemily1@gmail.com

Natasha said...

With Easy Lunch Boxes, make lunch is fun and easy.

Unknown said...

I am liked easy lunchbox on facebook!

Unknown said...

I learned that the website has some awesome lunch ideas on their website!

Unknown said...

Follow easy lunchboxes on twitter

Jolenegreen2 at yahoo dot com

Laura said...

I learned that they were BPA safe, love it! (and that they are super cute) ;)

laurawants2win (at) yahoo (dot) com

Debbie said...

I learned that the lunchboxes are dishwasher safe.

Debbie: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail(dot)com

Debbie said...

I'm now a follower.

Debbie: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sarah said...

Dishwasher safe, and kids can open them. Wonderful for healthy lunches. Also liked them on facebook.

Sharon Huffman said...

Love the recipe section. I'm always looking for new ideas and they've got plenty!

lilypadsis at yahoo dot com

Sharon Huffman said...

I'm a new follower!
lilypadsis at yahoo dot com

Sharon Huffman said...

I liked on Facebook.

lilypadsis at yahoo dot com

Melissa Collins said...

I became a follower of your blog and I learned on the website that they have lunch meal ideas that are healthy and wonderful!

missyscollins@gmail.com

Cathy said...

I learned that they are dishwasher and microwave safe as well as BPA free.
clink05@yahoo.com

rah267 said...

higgs.rachel at gmail.com
I learned EasyLunchbox containers are made from FDA-approved, food-safe polypropylene (#5)

Anonymous said...

I learned you can use vinegar-soaked bread to clean odors out of a lunch bag - I needed that; thanks! Suz - belauvibes (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I learned that you can even clean the lunch bags in in the washing machine!
bkittie@hotmail.com

contestcrow said...

I learned that the easy lunch boxes are microwave and dishwasher safe.

sinhead83 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I learned they are BPA free and dishwasher safe.

ikona32 at hotmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Love that they can go in the dishwasher!

amanda.townsend2 at gmail dot com

Jack said...

learned they are BPA free, and you can fit 3 containers in the cooler if you wanted
Jack
jdbeastmode@gmail.com

Susan said...

I learned that they are microwave safe., that is great.

Unknown said...

They're BPA-free

Jenn S. said...

I learned that they are dishwasher safe but may crack if wedged in between other items too tightly.

Ashley said...

I learned that they are BPA free.

hewella1 at gmail dot com

Lensey said...

I learned that the Lunch Boxes are Eco-Friendly.

Lensey said...

I'm a fan on facebook

LS Lisa said...

i learned that the lunchbag can be machine washed on the cold/delicate cycle and air dried.

LS Lisa said...

I follow your blog

Louis H said...

fun fact:
EasyLunchbox containers are made from FDA-approved, food-safe polypropylene (#5). They are the perfect mid-range quality between the low-cost disposable containers you find in the market, and the high-end permanent containers (like Tupperware)

Louis H said...

I like Easylunchboxes on FaceBook (Louis Here) :)

Louis H said...

following EasyLunchboxes on twitter at rosidentevil

Louis H said...

shared
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000492008701&v=wall&story_fbid=144327438926989&ref=mf

loni broesch said...

I learned that they are BPA-free

trippyjanet at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

Easy Lunch Boxes are BPA-free, SAFE and environmentally friendly.

lunaticlounging@aol.com

Unknown said...

I "Like" Easylunchboxes on Facebook. Nick Christie

lunaticlounging@aol.com

Unknown said...

Follow EasyLunchboxes on Twitter @lunaticlounging

lunaticlounging@aol.com

busyrunningmama said...

Hopped over to the site and learned this:
Remove odors from a lunch bag by placing inside, a plate w/a slice of bread that has been soaked in white distilled vinegar. Zip and leave overnight!! Never knew that!

Anonymous said...

I love the all in one feature.

Thanks
Kristina

kristinagac@hotmail.com
http://thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I am now friends w/ easylunch boxes



Thanks
Kristina

kristinagac@hotmail.com
http://thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I am following easylunchboxes on twitter.


Thanks
Kristina

kristinagac@hotmail.com
http://thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I now follow your blog. We are also trying to live on one income too...someday.
Checkout my blog too thanks!
(link below)



Thanks
Kristina

kristinagac@hotmail.com
http://thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I posted a link to your giveaway on my facebook page. Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=511944762#!/profile.php?id=534176296

Thanks
Kristina
kristinagac@hotmail.com
http://thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com

tesashel said...

I learned that no matter what lunch recipes you decide to try, the 3 sections ensure healthy portion sizes

tesashel said...

I "Liked" them on Facebook: tesa shelton

tesashel said...

I follow via GFC: tesashel225 (@) aol (dotcom)

The NEW Mommiez Blend said...

I learned that the lunch bags come in 5 different colors.

-Chelle

newmommiez at gmail dot com

mail4rosey said...

I learned that they offer unique colors for a lunchbox, such as dark red and purple.

msurosey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

These are dishwasher safe!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

LindsayC said...

I learned that the containers are microwave safe which is good since we bring a lot of leftovers as lunch.

LindsayC said...

I like easy lunch box facebook page

LindsayC said...

I follow easy lunch boxes on twitter as @lstixrud

LindsayC said...

I blogged http://colitascorner.blogspot.com/2010/08/eco-friendly-lunchboxes-giveaway.html

LindsayC said...

I follow your blog publicly

k-team said...

I learned that you can remove "lunch box stink" by placing a plate with a piece of vinegar soaked bread inside and zipping it in overnight. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Our reusable lunch bags can be put in the washing machine (cold water/'delicates” soap/gentle cycle/air dry). That's awesome!

Tina "The Book Lady"
contact.thebooklady@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm following easy lunch boxes on FB

Tina "The Book Lady"
contact.thebooklady@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Followed Easy Lunch Boxes on Twitter

Tina "The Book Lady"
contact.thebooklady@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm following YOU on GFC - Tina Peterson
contact.thebooklady@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

they are dishwasher safe... makes life easy...FRAZIERANGELA87@YAHOO.COM

Anonymous said...

they can be used as a streamer
frazierangela872yahoo.com

Robyn said...

learned they are BPA free!

robyn krieger meyers at gmail dot com

Robyn said...

already a fan of easy lunchboxes on facebook

robyn krieger meyers at gmail dot com

Robyn said...

follow easylunch boxes on twitter

sandra said...

I learned (and love!) that they are microwave and dishwasher safe!!!
sandramasters1@bellsouth.net

CAMERON-VILLE said...

Follow you on FB

CAMERON-VILLE said...

Easy to open

CAMERON-VILLE said...

I already follow, too...

michelle said...

I learned they are microwave and dw safe! GReat!

Kyleen said...

I learned that they are BPA free and environmentally friendly!

Kyleen said...

I follow your blog

Kyleen said...

I like them of facebook

Kyleen said...

I posted about your giveaway on my FB page

Link:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1546822167

hekates said...

I like that the boxes fit in the thermal cooler.

hekates said...

I like how the lunchboxes fit in the thermal carrier.

hekates said...

I liked them on facebook

Angie said...

I learned that these are dishwasher safe - yeah!!

Frugal Mom said...

learned & LOVE that they are BPA, phlate, etc. -free!! Also noticed that they would be great for a day-trip for a family of 4 or less!

Baum Twins said...

I learned (and love) that they are BPA-free!

Anonymous said...

I learned (and love) that they are BPA-free!

jbaumjunkmail@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I follow your fab blog!

jbaumjunkmail@gmail.com

The NEW Mommiez Blend said...

I blogged here:

http://thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com/2010/08/feeling-lucky.html

Chelle

newmommiez at gmail dot com

Dawn Reid said...

I learned that the easy lunch boxes are microwave and dishwasher safe.
mightynaynay(at)cs.com

Annette said...

Easy Lunch Boxes are BPA-free, SAFE and environmentally friendly.

Annette said...

Liked on facebook

Jennifer Blandford said...

Microwaveable safe, that's great!

Jennifer said...

I liked easy lunchboxes on Facebook!

MamaMaggie said...

I learned that they are dishwasher safe and have different color lids, which makes it nice for this mom of six to keep things organized!

MamaMaggie said...

I follow your blog.

Unknown said...

hi I learned that they are pba free, dishwasher safe, and kelly hates to cook!!!!!

faithfullyfrugal said...

I am very interested in there fundraising program. We are looking for new ideas for fundraising. I also love that they are dishwasher safe...

Thank you for the entry, with three children and a husband that brings his lunch, these would come in handy!

Nikki
nikkidavissells at gmail dot com

faithfullyfrugal said...

I am a current GFC public follower as Nikki Davis.


Thank you again,

Nikki
nikkidavissells at gmail dot com

faithfullyfrugal said...

I follow EasyLunchBoxes on twitter, nikkidavis05.

Thank you,

Nikki
nikkidavissells at gmail dot com

Amy delong said...

they are microwave safe!

ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

Amy delong said...

follow easylunchbox on twitter
amyhd29

ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I learned that they are BPA-free.

mrsbornkuntry at yahoo dot com

susansmoaks said...

i learned that the easy lunch boxes are dishwasher safe
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

susansmoaks said...

i follow your blog
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I learned the easy lunch boxes are dishwasher safe and easy to open (even for a preschool child).

randisue_98 at yahoo dot com

ElaineDavis said...

I learned how to keep "soft" foods (like yogurt, pudding...) from leaking in a lunchbox. Thanks for the chance at a neat product!
jdgerigg@centurylink.net

Kathy P said...

Remove odors from a lunch bag by placing inside, a plate w/a slice of bread that has been soaked in white distilled vinegar. Zip and leave overnight. Our reusable lunch bags can be wiped clean with a damp or soapy cloth, inside or out. Even put them in the washing machine (cold water/'delicates” soap/gentle cycle/air dry). They come out great!

Kathy P said...

like elb on facebook Kathy L Pease

Kathy P said...

http://www.facebook.com/KathyLPease#!/KathyLPease?v=wall&story_fbid=147550578595886&ref=mf

Allie Z said...

Hey, these are dishwasher safe. Yay!

Allie Z said...

I liked easy lunch boxes on facebook

ksc said...

I learnt some awesome ideas on the website, specially how to add salads to kids diet!

Denise said...

I learned that they are microwaveable and won't leach harmful chemicals into my kids food.

Denise said...

I'm a fan of theirs on FB

Mary H said...

I learned that the containers are microwaveable AND learned that their website has some really cool lunch ideas on it!!

Denise said...

I follow your blog

Mary H said...

I "liked" Easy lunchboxes on Facebook

Mary H said...

I am a follower now! Thanks for some cool info!

cman said...

You can use them in the microwave and clean them in the dishwasher.. Love that!

Ashley said...

I'm a follower.

hewella1 at gmail dot com

Nicole S. said...

I learned that they are microwave and dishwasher safe. Definitely a bonus!

Nicole S. (ndsaldy@gmail.com)

Ramsey said...

Never thought to put boiling water in a thermos before filling it with soup to keep it hot longer...Brilliant idea that will come in handy once the cooler weather hits! Love these nifty, organized lunch boxes for packing lunches for my sweetie!

Nicole S. said...

I follow your blog.

ndsaldy@gmail.com

tristatecruisers said...

I learned that these lunchboxes are microwave & dishwasher safe :)

marci
tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

tristatecruisers said...

"Like" Easy Lunch Boxes on FB :)

marci
tristatecruisers at yahoo.com

kari said...

I learned what to do to prevent a leak...Cut a square of thin wax paper or plastic wrap to cover the compartment you want to put the runny food in. Then put the lid on (firmly), and the cut square you added will act as a leak barrier!

Anonymous said...

I love that the compartments are separated by the lid as well so the food can't move together.
Robin - trjkltsm@q.com

Francine Anchondo said...

I learned EasyLunchbox containers are made from FDA-approved, food-safe polypropylene (#5).

Chrystal said...

I learned that they are microwave safe.

chrystaljns @ gmail dot com

Chrystal said...

Follow Easy Lunch Boxes on Twitter- @chryskay

chrystaljns @ gmail dot com

Bakersdozen said...

I learned that the containers are approved for microwave use. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

Just Coupons said...

They are dishwasher and microwave safe.. easy to clean!
JustCoupons@triad.rr.com

Jenny said...

dishwasher safe- gotta love that!

emily said...

Love that they are easy to use, BPA free and can help me kick my ziploc habit. My son is starting first grade too.

Brandon Sullivan said...

I learned these are BPA safe and micrwavable.

Hifam said...

I learned that they are dishwasher and microwave safe. I also like that they are BPA free.
hickenfam at hotmail dot com

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 223   Newer› Newest»