One resource I have just begun to utilize again is Craigslist. This site offers all sorts of items for sale and also offers a way to advertise garage sales. I used it last year to buy my son his bike for his birthday while we were having a no spending month.
I hadn't used Craigslist since then until recently. I used it just last week to find a crib for my youngest daughter (more on that coming later).
This past weekend, I went home to see my mom and wanted to hit some garage sales, but there were no good ones advertised in the newspaper. I decided to check Craigslist and found several advertised that were not in the newspaper. They also offered better descriptions than the newspaper of what they were selling, so I was able to target several that were selling kids' items.
I highly recommend utilizing Craigslist to find good quality used items. It works for me!
I shared this post at Works for Me Wednesdays.
3 comments:
You know, I've never used Craigslist. I have heard about some fabulous buys through it. And I actually registered and everything with it.
Seeing as we're in need of another crib, I'll check it out first before venturing into the heat of summer yard sales.
craigslist is GREAT! My dad bought a go-kart for the grandkids to ride at his place off of there and I bought my elyptical from there, the best part, it's good for the environment AND my pocket book!!!
I'd love it if you'd link this to my Tuesday's Tips!
I check Craigslist every weekend for local garage sales. I also look for free stuff, although I haven't actually taken any of it. It really is fun to see what is out there!
Post a Comment