
My son loves to help me in the kitchen. From about the time he was three, he helped me bake by dumping in ingredients and stirring. Now, while I keep an eagle eye on him, he helps me with bigger projects like adding ingredients to a meal we are cooking on the stove or stirring while I add ingredients.
At the dinner table, he likes to critique the food we eat and whether or not he would like to make it again. He is also constantly coming up with new food concoctions we should try. (Did I mention this kid was glued to the TV watch Rachael Ray on Food Network when he was 2?)
When I was looking through Etsy a few weeks ago, I found a seller, Lauren at duckduckgoosetoys who makes kid’s aprons and oven mitts. She graciously sent my son one to try. Was he ever excited to get his own apron! He feels like a real chef now and always puts it on when he is helping me in the kitchen.
Lauren, who started her store after making homemade items for her own children, has adorable girl’s aprons and oven mitts in her store. She also has boy’s aprons (as shown in the picture above)like she made for my son. The apron will protect your kids from stains on their clothes and has three pockets on the front for spoons, measuring spoons, etc. The oven mitt comes attached with a note that it is just for play; it is not to be used for hot objects.
Our apartment doesn’t have enough room for a play kitchen, but if you have one, your kids would probably love to pretend bake and cook with their apron and oven mitt. Or, they would love to wear it while helping you in the kitchen as my son does.
Giveaway

Lauren has graciously agreed to give away one child’s apron and oven mitt.
To enter this giveaway, simply go to Lauren’s store, duckduckgoosetoys, and state which apron and oven mitt set you would like to win (she can also make the one like she made for my son even though it is not in her store).
To enter a second time, become a follower on my blog or state that you already are, if that is the case.
To enter a third time, blog about this giveaway or write about it on Facebook or Twitter.
The winner will be chosen via random.org on Monday, July 12th. Make sure you include your e-mail address when you enter.
I received an apron and oven mitt for the purpose of review. I received no other compensation from duckduckgoosetoys. All opinions given are my own.

Lauren has graciously agreed to give away one child’s apron and oven mitt.
To enter this giveaway, simply go to Lauren’s store, duckduckgoosetoys, and state which apron and oven mitt set you would like to win (she can also make the one like she made for my son even though it is not in her store).
To enter a second time, become a follower on my blog or state that you already are, if that is the case.
To enter a third time, blog about this giveaway or write about it on Facebook or Twitter.
The winner will be chosen via random.org on Monday, July 12th. Make sure you include your e-mail address when you enter.
I received an apron and oven mitt for the purpose of review. I received no other compensation from duckduckgoosetoys. All opinions given are my own.
63 comments:
I follow your blog.
supergrand2009@yahoo.com
I like the apron with cherries on it, so cute.
supergrand2009@yahoo.com
I follow via google reader.
I like the blue apron with the little yellow flowers.
I follow!
I love the one you pictued, but don't see that on her site. The cherroies are cute too.
I love the blue and green one. That one would work out great since my son or daughter could wear it. Cute!
I like the one with the cherries.
I like the yellow and blue floral one. :)
jandtmathew@gmail.com
I follow your blog with google reader.
The red and white apron with the cherries was my favorite.
I like the Cherries/Pink Polka Dots Apron! Thanks for the chance!
Kelly D. - secrets_girl23(at)yahoo(dot)com (aka) dkad23(at)gmail(dot)com
Tweet. (dkad23)
Kelly D. - secrets_girl23(at)yahoo(dot)com (aka) dkad23(at)gmail(dot)com
http://twitter.com/dkad23/status/17863939901
I also follow your blog!
kpstylist@hotmail.com
I love the apron with the cherries on it. It is adorable!
kpstylist@hotmail.com
I like the one she made for your son. My boys would like having their own apron.
kristen_yeh (at) yahoo (dot) com
I like the yellow and blue with flowers
chaveli3(at)yahoo(dot)com
i follow your blog
I love the little apron with the blue and yellow flowers. So cute! Thanks for the giveaway!
doodlebugsplanet (at) gmail (dot) com
I like the set she made for your son since we have a little boy as well. The flower one is cute too.
rbjj32825[at]lycos[dot]com
i love the cherry one, but i doubt my son would ;) i think he'd like one of the green ones.
Following you from Thursday Friends & Giveaways Cafe. Would love to have you follow me back!
Have a great day!
www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com
(kelcoled@aol.com)
I love the apron with the cherries on it
babybunny1983 AT comcast DOT net
The cherry set is too cute!
racheladray@gmail.com
I'm following your blog (Rachel Dray) would love to have you check us out and follow me back :)
www.withourbest.com
I follow you on facebook. Nishibert@msn.com
I love the red/white reversable apron with the red/white dot pocket and cherry inset. It would be darling for my granddaughters when the come to cook with Grandma Bert! nishibert@msn.com
comment on facebook. Nishibert@msn.com
This one is my favorite http://www.etsy.com/listing/48978183/reversible-childs-apron
sweetone62406 at hotmail.com
It would have to be the cherry apron.
aj270750@gmail.com
I would Love to win the green apron that reverses to the blue flower print. http://www.etsy.com/listing/48977793/reversible-childs-apron-and-oven-mitt
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
I follow you on GFC! (Ashley R)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
I would like to have a boys apron. My 3 year old loves to help with the cooking. He would love this.
Follower
coupons_s@yahoo.com
My favorite is the red and white one with cherries on it.
Ooh! I love the one with cherries too! Thanks!
I follow you
deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com
The Cherry Set is my Favorite!!
deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com
Love the red apron with cherries on it - perfect for my 3 year old little helper!
i follow your blog!!!
CORPESA14 at yahoo.com
I would choose the lovely cherries cause I have one for me to match!!!!
corpesa14 at yahoo.com
I love the cherries.
Became of a follower on Google Friend Connect!!
http://darcibean.blogspot.com
I LOVE the reversible cherry one!!! My daughter would LOVE this!
http://darcibean.blogspot.com
I love the blue apron with the flowers on it. so cute and my daughter would think it was perfect!
beleecame at yahoo dot com
I would like to win this set
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48977898/reversible-childs-apron-and-oven-mitt
atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com
I'm GFC Follower Ms.Smith
atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com
I tweeted about this giveaway on twitter
http://twitter.com/atlmuzikfanzinc/status/18382235860
atlmuzikfanzinc at gmail dot com
I would love to win the yellow and blue with flowers. This would be for my niece and it actually matches my sister's kitchen!
tharper31@hotmail.com
i like this one with the cherries- http://www.etsy.com/listing/48978015/reversible-childs-apron-and-oven-mitt
onecrypticmama AT yahoo DOT com
I really like the Reversible child's apron, it's white with a red strip with flowers or cherries on it- Super Cute! Thanks for this great Give-A-Way!
I just posted about this great Give-A-Way on my blog.
TheSavinQueen.com
Thanks!
I just signed up to follow your blog!
already follow-
onecrypticmama AT yahoo DOT com
I like this item:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48978264/reversible-childs-apron-and-oven-mitt
frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com
i like the one with the cherries--cute!! :)
marci
tristatecruisers(at)yahoo(dot)com
tweeted- http://twitter.com/crypticmama/status/18385896454
onecrypticmama AT yahoo DOT com
I would like to win an apron. I like the one she made your son the best!
shining2save(at)yahoo(dot)com
I couldn't find the name but my fav is the red and white one which has cherries on the opposite side. So sweet, my daughter would love it.
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca
I'm following you on google friend connect
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca
I tweeted your giveaway
http://twitter.com/asmithonline/status/18390179052
asmithonline at yahoo dot ca
Post a Comment