.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Joining the Pantry Challenge

I was excited to see that for January, Crystal at Money Saving Mom and Jessica at Life as Mom are having a pantry challenge. I defrosted my freezer a week ago in preparation for the ¼ cow that we are purchasing, and I discovered several freezer meals that I had prepared back in August before I went back to work. I also discovered that we had much more meat on hand that I remembered. So, this Pantry Challenge comes at a perfect time. Paired with my January wants vs. needs challenge, I am hoping we can save quite a bit of money.

We normally spend about $300 a month on groceries. My goal for this month will be to spend no more than $175. We will still be purchasing milk, eggs, cheese, and produce.

Last January there was a massive sale on diapers at Jewel; if that happens again this year, I anticipate spending quite a bit of our $175 on stocking up on diapers for our daughter and our new daughter who will be born in April.

As going out to eat is definitely a want and not a need, I anticipate all of our meals will be eaten at home.

5 comments:

Coupon Teacher said...

Good Luck with the challenge!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Good luck with the challenge!! It will be nice to be able to stock up on diapers with your grocery money. Imagine the savings!

Frugal Sara said...

I just stocked up on wipes! I need a good sale on some diapers. Good luck with the challenge. I will be joining in too!

JusFrugal said...

Best of luck with the challenge! I hear there is a great sale coming up at Babies R Us on Earth's Best diapers so might be a great and frugal way to help your stockpile for April!

Heather said...

You will do great it only takes planning.