.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grocery Shopping, 12/15/09

I have been experimenting with our grocery budget lately, and I think a good number for us is $70 to $75 a week. That is for two adults, two kids and two cats. I could manage a lower amount weekly if I didn't have to pay for cat food and litter or diapers, but with that included in the budget no more than an average of $75 a week is what I am shooting for.

Dominicks:

3- 8 oz. bags cheese = 2.97
2 gallons milk = 3.98
32 oz. frozen corn = 2.50
32 oz. frozen peas = 2.50
12 pack yogurt = 4.99
Little Smokies = 3.50
stew meat = 4.29
bananas = 1.09
apples = 2.83
5 lbs. clementines = 3.99
1 lb. carrots = .99
1 bag spinach = 2.49
1 lb. baby carrots = .99
4 lbs. organic oranges = 4.99
Total = 43.57

Jewel:

Ricotta cheese = 3.69
2 onions = 1.39
3 lbs. chicken breast = 6.17
Pirate's booty = 2.99
eggs = 1.29
Total = 15.23

The grand total for the week including my trip to CVS and to Walgreens = 67.89

No comments: