.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Grocery Shopping, 11/9/09

I entered this 4th week of my grocery challenge with $17 and some change for groceries. Here is how I did:

Aldi (not pictured):
2 gallons milk
1 bag bananas
2 cartons eggs
1 jug apple juice

Total = 7.60

Rite Aid:

Double pack contact solution = 9.99
1 large package baby wipes = 6.99
1-20 ct. thank you notes = 5.99
1 bag Goldfish = .99

I had a $25 gift card from a diaper deal a few months ago. I was specifically planning on using it this week as I desperately needed contact solution and the money simply wasn't in the grocery budget. However, I lost the gift card!! My son found it, so his treat was the goldfish.

Total OOP = 1.38

Meijer:

12 boxes mac 'n cheese = 4.68 (I know this is not that healthy, but it is a pregancy craving. I have been paying $1.00 a box, so I was glad to snatch these up at .39/box)
2 packages bacon = 3.58
1-5 lb. bag grapefruit = 2.99
1-3 lb. bag oranges = 4.49
1-3 lb. bag apples = 2.50
1 loaf bread (not pictured) = 1.79

Total = 20.03

Total for the week = 29.01
Total for the 4 week challenge =171.90
Average for each week = 42.98

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, thank goodness your son found the gc, I hate it when I lose stuff important like that.