I have a poll on my blog now (at the sidebar, please take it if you haven't!) asking what people typically overspend money on.
I have been struggling a bit with overspending lately. My overspending is not putting us in debt, but it is not helping us save the 5 to 6 months' worth of income I would like to. Sure, I could make excuses like going back to work full-time, being pregnant, taking care of a 12 month old and a 5 year old, but the bottom line is that I have been trying to "treat myself" with extras.
So, I enjoyed reading through the newest edition of All You magazine and reading what winners of their grocery challenge discovered when they cut their grocery expenses and tried to live more frugally. One 24 year old mother of a 9 month old baby, Megan Ross, stated regarding what she learned, "It's not a treat to spend money you don't have. Eating at restaurants used to feel like a reward that we deserved. But what we really deserve is to be careful and smart with our money, eat nutritious foods and spend quality time together."
Reading that quote really helped me gain perspective and get myself on track. Isn't it funny how one can find inspiration through quotes like that when they are most needed?
I have been struggling a bit with overspending lately. My overspending is not putting us in debt, but it is not helping us save the 5 to 6 months' worth of income I would like to. Sure, I could make excuses like going back to work full-time, being pregnant, taking care of a 12 month old and a 5 year old, but the bottom line is that I have been trying to "treat myself" with extras.
So, I enjoyed reading through the newest edition of All You magazine and reading what winners of their grocery challenge discovered when they cut their grocery expenses and tried to live more frugally. One 24 year old mother of a 9 month old baby, Megan Ross, stated regarding what she learned, "It's not a treat to spend money you don't have. Eating at restaurants used to feel like a reward that we deserved. But what we really deserve is to be careful and smart with our money, eat nutritious foods and spend quality time together."
Reading that quote really helped me gain perspective and get myself on track. Isn't it funny how one can find inspiration through quotes like that when they are most needed?
No comments:
Post a Comment