With our third baby on the way, it is more important to us than ever that I soon be able to quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom, so we are trying to save as much money as we can.
We plan to implement a number of strategies this year to have a frugal Christmas.
--I won a $25 Kohl’s gift card from the Huggies Enjoy the Rides program, so we plan to use that.
--I also have points built up from a number of different websites—Swagbucks and Pampers rewards, to name a few. If we have to, we can also redeem those.
--My mom loves restaurant gift cards, and I found out that I can redeem points from my credit card to get these for free.
--I already have all my son's presents. I bought him a combination of in good shape toys at garage sales and a few new toys after last year's Christmas season. In addition, I bought him some Gymboree clothes on clearance last winter for this winter.
--I have taken advantage of several good or free photo book deals by following Money Saving Mom's blog.
It is possible to have a nice (and frugal) Christmas. These are just a few strategies we are implementing to have a relaxing, enjoyable season without the high price tag.
No comments:
Post a Comment