
Now is a great time to buy your kids' Halloween costumes for next year. Stores are deeply discounting their Halloween merchandise to make way for the holiday merchandise.
I bought my son a pioneer boy costume from Gymboree (photo above) complete with a hat and canteen for approximately $10 (retail is $62.25). It was easy to bring the discounted cost down further because I bought a 20% coupon off eBay. Now he has a complete costume for next year; if he changes his mind and decides that isn't what he wants to be, I can always sell the costume on eBay for a profit.
The Disney Store is also marking down their costumes, though my hunch is if I wait it out they will discount them further in the next few days. Don't forget about other stores such as Sears, JCPenney, and the Pottery Barn. Why pay for an expensive costume next year when you can buy it for 80% off now? Happy shopping.
I bought my son a pioneer boy costume from Gymboree (photo above) complete with a hat and canteen for approximately $10 (retail is $62.25). It was easy to bring the discounted cost down further because I bought a 20% coupon off eBay. Now he has a complete costume for next year; if he changes his mind and decides that isn't what he wants to be, I can always sell the costume on eBay for a profit.
The Disney Store is also marking down their costumes, though my hunch is if I wait it out they will discount them further in the next few days. Don't forget about other stores such as Sears, JCPenney, and the Pottery Barn. Why pay for an expensive costume next year when you can buy it for 80% off now? Happy shopping.
2 comments:
Smart post!
Thanks for sharing your tip. I also like to buy those clearance costumes for dressup clothes for my son and nephew. They love it!
Stop by and see me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal!
:)
Great tip! You can also buy a couple to play dress up with for cheap this time of year!
Post a Comment