.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Apple Pumpkin Muffins


Since I am trying to clear out the pantry this month, and I have four large cans of pumpkin in the cupboards, I decided to try a new recipe. We modified it a bit from the way I found it on recipezaar to try to make it a bit healthier. Here is our version:

1 c. pumpkin
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
¼ c. oil
1.5 c. white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1.5 c. chopped apple

-Mix together pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil
-Add flours, soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice
-Mix until blended
-Add apples
-Spoon into muffin tins
-Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes

My batter was very thick, which is why the muffins look a little strange in the picture. I was able to make 20 muffins with this recipe.

I shared this recipe at Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays $5 Dinners, Life as Mom and The Grocery Cart Challenge.

5 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Those muffins look great! Thanks for linking to TMTT.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Love anything pumpkin I posted it so much people were giving me flack for it ... LOL

This sounds wonderful and I still have some pumpkin and apples!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, yum! These sound divine! I love pumpkin muffins, but I bet they would be awesome with the apple!

Megryansmom said...

Oh my, I'm going to gain ten pounds before i"m done visiting all these wonderful Tasty Tuesday blogs/

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

These sound lovely - a great autumn treat!