I pulled a muscle in my back on Wednesday afternoon, and it was so bad I could barely stand. I couldn't go to work on Thursday. It finally started to feel better on Saturday. That same night, my daughter came down with a fever. Her fever rose through the night, and all day Sunday and Monday it hovered at 103; Tylenol and Motrin could only bring it down a degree or two. We got her into the doctor on Monday and were able to give her her first dose of medicine for her double ear infection. Meanwhile, Saturday through Tuesday, she was very lethargic and clingy. She just wanted to be held constantly, so we did that alot. And, in the process, we inadvertently wasted A LOT of food.
I cooked macaroni & cheese Sunday night and collapsed on the couch after my daughter went to bed. I woke up the next morning to find this on the stove:
It had sat out all night. Inadvertent food waste one.
The next day my husband made creamy cooked rice with little bits of chicken for my daughter. It is the Japanese version of chicken noodle soup; it is what people eat when they are sick. Once again we accidentally left it out over night. (It is the tall container in the back.)
Other waste includes one cinnamon roll, some lunch meat slices, a small container of rice, and a container of ricotta cheese that should have been thrown out a few weeks ago.
Today my daughter's fever has broken, so it looks like the medicine is working. Hopefully she will feel better soon so life can get back to normal!
1 comment:
Hope everyone is feeling better. I know my son was sick a few weeks ago and I thought that I was just going to fall out.
Hang in there.....
Post a Comment