.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food Waste Wednesday, 10/21/09, Late Edition

It was not a good food waste week for us. This week we wasted:

5 peanut butter cookies. (I bought these probably two months ago, and they just weren't that good. They are soft cookies, so I am scared that they still don't have any mold growing on them.)

5 Fiber One banana muffins. (The box was on sale so we tried them, but because they caused gastrointestinal issues with more than one member of our family, well, they didn't get finished. Lesson--don't eat food with enhanced fiber. Eat fiber as it naturally occurs.)

1 head of leaf lettuce. (We nearly never waste produce, so I am ashamed of this one.)

Next week I will try to get a picture of our waste. Even better if we don't have waste next week to take a picture of!

1 comment:

rachel said...

The Fiber one products have not just enhanced fiber but a special kind the chicory root, almost all their products do that to me.