Meanwhile, since we need to stock up on disposable diapers and baby food (for our vacation later this month) instead of using cloth and serving homemade baby food and one of my goals this month is to make at least 15 freezer meals in preparation for my return to work, we have decided to up the grocery budget to $450 this month. Hopefully all this hard work will pay off in September and October when we eat out of the freezer instead of going out to eat.
Tony's Finer Foods:
3 pkgs ground turkey (not pictured) @ 2.99/ea = 8.97
1 seedless watermelon (not pictured) = 2.99
1 cantaloupe = 2.00
1 bag carrots = .69
8 oz. mushrooms = 1.50
1 cabbage = 1.05
2 onions = .49
1 head broccoli = .45
1 bag grapes = 3.06
1 bag cherries = 4.22
1 pkg blueberries = .99
6 tomatoes = 3.82
1 head romaine lettuce = 1.37
5 limes = .50
1 green pepper = .68
1 pkg hamburger buns = 2.75
1/4 lb. deli turkey meat = 1.84
3/4 lb. deli ham = 2.29
1/2 lb. provolone cheese = .80
1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese = 1.88
Total = 43.49
Whole Foods:
This is all organic and for my daughter's homemade baby food. (I wrote about it here and here.)
1 bag frozen asparagus = 1.99
1 bag frozen green peas = 1.69
1 acorn squash = 2.76
3 black plums = 2.34
2 carrots = .54
4 pears = 4.20
1 pkg. green beans = 2.32
3 pluots = 1.62
millet = .10
long brown rice = .14
2 yellow squash = 3.36
3 nectarines = 5.27
Total = 27.16
Walgreens:
2 Starbucks ice cream = 2.90 (had a 2.00 Q)
Grand Total = 73.55 + CVS trip (36.82) = 110.37
To see the meals we will make this week, go here.
I shared this post at The Grocery Cart Challenge.
4 comments:
Hi! I have been following your blog and I love it! Getting tons of ideas. What do you do with the millet for baby food? Just curious. I just had a baby and I plan on making her food when she begins her solids this winter. :) Thanks! Erin
Hi. I was planning on doing a grain post. I'll try to do it later this week. Thanks!
we made our own cereal and baby food for both of our boys. So many people still look at me goofy over that and seem not to believe me that it wasn't hard at all.
My best friend was the coffee grinder I had dedicated to grinding brown rice and other grains along with dried beans to create a complete protein/cereal.
Seeing your pic of Starbucks Ice Cream reminds me that I need to go get mine!
Post a Comment