.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No Spending Month Week 3

It is official—as Dave Ramsey would say, “Murphy has moved into the spare bedroom.” We took our car in for an oil change and found out we need a $1100 repair. Yikes! Our car has 80,000 miles on it, which is about the point when things need to start being replaced.

Then, our phone is on the fritz. I can still use it IF I leave it in one place that requires me to cock my head to the side and not move. Seriously. In any other position there are a few sharp cracks and the phone call ends.

My son is attending a summer school program, and the tuition is due on the 28th. He will be attending a private school in the fall, and the first tuition payment is due on July 2nd.

I’ll be glad when Murphy moves out!!

No Spend Week 3

6/15
$25 CVS
$58 Tony’s Finer Foods
$20 gas

6/16
$0

6/17
$5 parking

6/18
$8 DH beer

6/19
$30 gas

6/20
$15 birthday cake (I have made my son’s birthday cake every year. This year, on the day before his birthday, he had a 3.5 hour kindergarten graduation and party followed by a 1.5 hour break before he had to go to his dance recital, which was 2 hours long. We did not get home until 9:30 at night, and I was not going to try to bake and decorate a cake. I know my limits!)
$18 dinner out (Birthday and Father’s Day meal. Read about it here.)

6/21
$0

6/22
$0

6/23
$5 public transportation

Total - $184
Total for the month - $433

No comments: